There are several simple modifications to American policy and to our US Constitution that would quickly set America on a path to prosperity and happiness. They include:
- End America’s role as the world’s policeman – follow the current Constitution’s prescriptions on the use of our military
- Abolish the IRS and replace it with a fee based system of funding for only Constitutionally defined activities the federal government can participate in
- Abolish all non-Constitutionally defined government activities with an all encompassing amendment to the US Constitution i.e. disbands cabinet roles such as HHS and Department of Education and governmental agencies such as as the EPA. This action will force the end of federal programs like Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, etc
- Rollback all federal laws for victimless crime
- Strengthen federal laws on property rights, citizen on citizen violence, and fraud and coercion
- Provide each student under the age of 18 in America with uniform financial stipend that can be used for education and training at the institution of their parents’ choice
- Add an amendment to the US Constitution forbidding an income tax or ending the fiscal year without a balanced budget
- Stop all federal surveillance unless sanctioned by the terms in the 4th amendment to the US Constitution
- Reform immigration to include work permits, simple path to permanent residence, and add an amendment to the US Constitution forbidding of federal aid to new arrivals
- Abolish the Federal Reserve and have legislative control over the current which would be backed by gold and other non-perishable assets
The results of these policies would be:
- Reduction in cost of national defense and a more popular America throughout the world
- Reduction in the cost of collecting funds for the federal government and elimination of corruption caused by the current tax code
- Reduction in the cost of government and the ability of citizenry to chose to localize services and the state and municipal level. There would now be a separation of government and business and government and healthcare, etc..
- Reduction in incarceration rates and the cost of administering justice with America
- Would offer American’s a more equitable and constitutionally sanctioned justice system
- Education is critical to a free society so a free parental choice based primary and secondary education would be provided to all students at a baseline level. The funding would come at the federal level from fees collected from selling, renting federal assets
- Keeps economic prosperity and assures continued economic justice
- Eliminates “Big Brother” for our lives
- Stops illegal immigration and assures America access to the world’s best and brightest
- Allows a sound money policy and uses market forces to guide interest rates and subsequent investments
The days of freedom are fading fast in America. Our access to information will be further filtered by the government via a statist supported corporation. Lest you believe this libertarian is over reacting, please consider the announcement by Google today.
What any freedom loving American should be afraid of is the following:
The review teams — comprised of contractors known as “quality raters” — already comb through websites and other content to flag questionable items such as pornography. Google added “upsetting-offensive” in its latest guidelines for quality raters. Google declined to comment on the changes, which were reported in the blog Search Engine Land and elsewhere.
This begs the question, who decides what is “upsetting-offensive”? One will have to be quite naïve to think the new filters will not favor statist information and positions over facts and free thought given Google’s connections with the state. Look at this dated article and shudder, it is likely even more connected to the state today. In a old 2010 piece on techeye.net, the links between Google and the state are immense.
Some background. Google’s DC office contains 30 employees, nine of whom are registered lobbyists. In addition to this, Google has hired six to seven lobbying firms. Four management-level Google employees have accepted positions within the Obama Administration, and Eric Schmidt, CEO, and John Doerr, Board Member, served as Obama appointees on a key advisory board.
Given this, please support libertarian candidates even if they are lacking in purity.
America must support the first amendment to the U.S. Constitution for any chance at to have liberty and a strong America. Our founders knew this and created the first amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.1
Today, the first amendment is under siege by president Obama. He was advocating for some type of clearing house for free speech to assure it is true. Who makes this determination is not mentioned but I suspect if he implemented this clearing house a statist would be the gatekeeper. Obama’s mentioning this truth squad should send shivers up anyone who supports liberty.
“There has to be, I think, some sort of way in which we can sort through information that passes some basic truthiness tests and those that we have to discard, because they just don’t have any basis in anything that’s actually happening in the world,” Obama added. 2
- U. S. Constitution, Amendment 1
- Obama decries ‘wild west’ media landscape. (2016, October 13). Retrieved October 16, 2016, from https://www.yahoo.com/news/obama-decries-wild-west-media-landscape-214642552.html