Americans need to wake up and realize that our rights are being taken away by a corrupt government. President Obama assured us years back that his administration would respect the US Constitution but today we find out that the CIA has tools that violate our privacy and we would never know it. (See WikiLeaks Vault 7)
Senator Obama promised in a Woodrow Wilson International Center, Council on Foreign Relations speech on August 1, 2007 that:
His administration would not “spy on citizens who are not suspected of a crime, ”
“I will provide our intelligence and law enforcement agencies with the tools they need to track and take out the terrorists without undermining our Constitution and our freedom.
“That means no more illegal wiretapping of American citizens. No more national security letters to spy on citizens who are not suspected of a crime. No more tracking citizens who do nothing more than protest a misguided war. No more ignoring the law when it is inconvenient. That is not who we are.
Obama also declared that “the law is not subject to the whims of stubborn rulers”:
“We will again set an example for the world that the law is not subject to the whims of stubborn rulers, and that justice is not arbitrary.”1
We Americans must all rise up and tell our government to stop and then only elect candidates who respect the law.
- Parks, Bob. “Obama’s 2007 Promise: ‘No More Illegal Wiretapping of American Citizens'” CNS News. N.p., 10 June 2013. Web. 07 Mar. 2017.
A story getting little play in the MSM is America’s proxy war in Yemen. For those who do not know, the United States has been sponsoring a devastating war in the country of Yemen. The US has supplied logistical support, drone strikes, and weapons to ‘our side’. Most who are in the know, because the avoid the MSM, feel this is a conflict being waged at the United States’ behest to help the Saudi’s oil industry and limit Iranian influence in the Middle East.
This is a serious issue and deserves media coverage.
“America’s CIA and Britain’s MI6 are involved with the Saudis and other rogue states in waging genocidal war on Yemen – millions at risk from war, related violation, preventable diseases and starvation on an appalling scale”.1
The United Nations today announced that the war has killed 10,000 people.
“At least 10,000 people have been killed in the war in Yemen, according to the United Nations, which is urging both sides to come together to end nearly two years of conflict”.2
I have two thoughts:
- Why is the US MSM ignoring this US sponsored human catastrophe, is it for political purposes to protect the current administration from criticism?
- Why did the MSM not report on the Wikileaks data showing the back story to US involvement in Yemen?
- What will the new administration do with the situation in Yemen?
- “Yemen: Obama’s Little Reported Dirty War | Alternative.” Before It’s News | Alternative News | UFO | Beyond Science | True News| Prophecy News | People Powered News. Before It’s News, 18 Jan. 2017. Web. 19 Jan. 2017.
- Shaheen, Kareem. “Yemen Death Toll Has Reached 10,000, UN Says.” The Guardian. Guardian News and Media, 16 Jan. 2017. Web. 19 Jan. 2017.
Without Wikileaks, we would never know the extent of the corruption of the statists.